02 February 2009

D-124, ouch

While we were shopping yesterday, Krusty kept walking away from me pretending he didn't know me, because he said I was embarrassing him with my wincing.

In fact, I was experiencing the beginnings of one of the worst ear infections ever experienced by a human being, and as the poison made its way through my ear canal, my entire body spasmed, making me look like a freak.

Now I am having a day of wincing in the confines of my bedroom, not wanting to scare my colleagues, or reveal my golf ball-sized glands to the world.

And what does anyone with an ear infection need? Jackhammers and drilling of course!

Thanks Hong Kong!

18.10: I have been complaining about all of this rubbish for too long now. And then I get a phone call from my mum - my dad has had a minor heart attack. Kind of makes you refocus. It also makes me realise how FAR I am. I know Skype makes the world smaller, but I can really feel the 13-hour plane ride that separates us right now. Thank goodness he is OK...

1 comment:

Michael said...

Glad to hear your pops is OK, Jessica, that sucks.