25 February 2009

D-103 to D-101, On the edge

Today, for some inexplicable reason, in the middle of a boring workout on an awful machine of torture at the gym, I burst out crying. I really have no idea why. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular. But I was watching my heart rate, so maybe that has something to do with my father...

To answer all of your questions, Daddy Sucre (as I call him) is now well and recovering in a heart rehabilitation centre in France. He's lucky it happened there - he gets 5-star cuisine cooked for him every day, he goes swimming in the centre's pool, and then plays cards with his "inmates". He calls it practice for the retirement home...

He jokes but he is still very weak, and speaks very slowly. He was supposed to come out at the end of the week but they are keeping him for a while longer... And they say it will take even longer for him to recover completely...

In other news, the magazine is not going as well as it could - the content is great and I am enjoying it, but the whole thing is paid for by advertising, and unfortunately there are no advertisers at the moment. Something about a credit crunch. Boooo.

Anyway, I might not have a job in a couple of weeks, but then again it could all be OK. We'll see. I might have a chat with the powers that be to see what their thoughts are...

I'm off to talk to Daddy Sucre. He'll know what to do.

No comments: