23 January 2009

D-134, year of the det-ox kicks off now

My glutes are hurting more than I ever thought was possible right now...

There are just three days left until we ring in the Chinese year of the ox – or as I like to think of it, the year of the det-ox – so that I can fit into the dress to die-t for.

I know, I know, I should just love myself the way I am etc etc, but with just 134 days to go before the big day, I am slowly turning into bridezilla, so spare me the wise advice.

I had a session with a personal trainer who told me I was fat and lazy (nice), and that he wasn't sure if I could reach my target unless I paid him lots of money, but I am still determined to do it on my own and to succeed.

Meanwhile, the city is really quiet as people prepare for the new year's celebrations, and it's lovely to see the streets a little emptier than usual as people search only for red lanterns, golden decorations and a new pair of trousers (essential). I even heard someone say that new year was all about shopping (of course it is, we're in Hong Kong), but that this was different because it was “traditional” shopping. That makes it almost spiritual...

Here's what Times Square looks like as the traditional shopping takes place around it:


2 comments:

Michael said...

Swimming is the cheapest, fastest way to lose lots and lots of calories while becoming very svelte.

The rat and the monkey said...

Easy to say when the Pacific Ocean is your swimming pool!