30 January 2009

D-128, back to work syndrome

After two days off, going back to work was... well... suitably painful.

In fact, I jumped out of bed and did something to my neck, so I walked around all day wincing, and am not sure whether people thought I was reacting to them in an odd way or just a freak. In any case, my pain in the neck reaction to work has not been fun.

The good thing about CNY though is that after three days off, a lot of people have taken Thursday and Friday off too, to complete the week - the city is empty and my trip to work, which usually takes 25 minutes, only took me 7 minutes this morning.

Dried seafood street is smell-free, taxis are aplenty, the coffee shop actually has free seats and you could hear a lotus seed drop in the office. It's almost like a normal city!

Almost.

No comments: