28 January 2009

D-130, Boom!

For the CNY celebrations, I headed sans Krusty to the dark side to watch the fireworks.

First Julie and I went for a girly champagne lunch with Madeline at Cafe Causette, and then we crossed the harbour to help Emily prepare for the night's festivities by wrapping 100 dumplings. It's a traditional Chinese New Year activity, and it felt great to do something Chinese for once. Sometimes I feel like I live in Europe over here...

Emily and Allen cooked an amazing meal for us - they are from Taiwan, and they have come to HK to open a Taiwanese restaurant - I can't wait.

After the fireworks - in which one of the boats firing them caught on fire! - we played a Chinese drinking dice game, and I went home happy that I managed to spend a night speaking only a minimum amount of French.

Here's to broadening horizons!!






No comments: