16 April 2008

Like being bashed over the head with a meat cleaver

Had my first full day of work in the office today. I can't say there was much of a team spirit in the office, or any sign of merriment for that matter. But the boss was unbelievably nice to me, which is a real relief because his kindness does NOT translate to his emails... So at least I know he is human after all.

The job, however... Hmmm... I feel so confused, because it is a relatively easy job that I am finding really difficult to do. I haven't figured out why yet. Is it because it is so easy that I am bored? Or because I am scared to be told off again? Or because it looks easy but actually is very hard? I am leaning towards the latter at the moment, only because I can't seem to hit the mark yet. I suppose it's good to work for someone with high standards. And I finally understand the whole Devil Wears Prada thing...

Anyway, after my 9am to 7pm day (I announced I was leaving although everyone was still in the office, I don't want to set a precedent of leaving really late. And I had finished what I had to do of course) I got home to my second job - freelancing. Not sure how this is going to work out really, but I could use the work today anyway as Krusty is away in Korea and the whole flat has been covered in sheets in preparation for tomorrow's boom boom boom. Yes, boom boom boom. This is officially what our contractor calls hammering a giant hole in our wall that leads to our new room next door.

It's just a shame I am working from home tomorrow. Today I feel like my brain has been smashed with a meat cleaver all day. What will it feel like after listening to 12 hours of thick concrete wall destruction?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola gitana guapa,

My darling, give yourself some time to figure out your new job. You are fabulous, so I'm sure it 'll sort itself out! Your boss should check out your blog and convince himself you have talent. Otherwise I'll come over to HK and tell him myself! Que nadie diga tonterías sobre mi querida amiga!

I really miss you! Still hoping to win the lotery to be able to come over to HK! Or instead I'll just marry a millionaire ; )

I'm going to continue reading your blog now (am a little behind, but that's only since I have to hand in my thesis 1 May and I'm a complete nerd now!).

Abrazo muy fuerte y ánimo con lo del tarbajo!

Fiona