07 April 2008

Full time, over time, all the time

I have been working like a DOG recently (do dogs really work that hard?), managing to get jobs on a bank holiday and working on weekends, too... And Krusty didn't complain once, bless him.

So after all of that craziness, I was really pleased to take a 'personal' day today to welcome the arrival of our boxes from London! After almost two months of waiting, they arrived safe and sound and, I am proud to add, with not one item broken.

The boxes were full of stuff that I had completely forgotten about, which just goes to show how little you actually need to live comfortably. And strangely, because I am so used to living in the empty-ish flat, not it almost seems too full and all of the things from my past home seem out of place in my new home. Strange!

Thankfully I managed to make a little room by, ironically, trying to make the flat beautiful - I framed Stan's great pic of Tower Bridge that I had just had printed, and then put it behind the lovely antique Chinese chess set that I had bought for Krusty. Of course, I was assuming that I had become 'stylish homemaker' gitane, and not the usual 'clumsy dimwit' gitane that I am. So of course as soon as I turned my back it all came crashing down... Time to stop proofreading for 12 hours straight and start getting some rest...

1 comment:

Stan Diers said...

Ooops! Damn, it did look really good. The frame is nice and the square format is brilliant.. I am sure you'll find a remedee..
Take care and rest a bit. Stan