29 April 2008

The day I pooed myself

So it's day two at work, there are a million things to do and everything is still super quiet in the office. Everything apart from my tummy, of course.

Because Krusty wasn't happy just making my brain explode by dragging me up a mountain, he has also given me a terrible stomach bug that made a really good impression in the office.

I ran to the bathroom a total of 15 times, including once after having just come back from the toilet, and then, at 3pm, I just had to announce that I was going home. I just couldn't stay and live through the torture. Without mentioning that I was making a million mistakes because I couldn't concentrate...

But the fact that I'll have to go into work tomorrow trying to ignore the stares and that I have had to cancel and therefore lose a great freelance job is not the worst thing about this situation - on the way home, in the middle of the Sheung Wan market, I had a little 'accident'. Perhaps it was the smell of the dried seafood, perhaps it was the illness, whatever - it was the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me in connection with my concentration camp of a job.

I'm off to find a cave in which to hide.

2 comments:

Stan Diers said...

It seems that people work hard but working long hours, not taking 5 minutes for a break is not always the most efficient way!
Have you ever thought that those colleagues may be quite slow or less efficient by doing this way? Office ethic is the hardest to face usually especialy at the beginning but you stand for what you are and that is who they hired. As long as you are good in what you do and enjoy it, I don't see what they can say to you.... even in HONG KONG.

I remember at Mandarin Oriental HKG, people were working hard but definitely trying to turn this workalcoolism to there advantage. Why being proud to over working and being exhausted and less productive, surely someone efficient who still has time should be the one PROUD... Weird society really. Anyway hope you'll get better soon, and can only wish you not to worry at all. Life is a fun experience, if you loose here you'll win another time... Cheers!

Nupur said...

today felix did a projectile vomit all over my (naked) boobs and stomach. totally gross. hopefully knowing you are not alone makes you feel better you poor poor thing. bisoux, or is it bisous?