07 September 2010

I am a soppy mummy

Things that I love watching my son do: when he wakes up, he invariably arches his back like a cat to stretch out, arms in the air and legs straight as arrows; halfway through a feed, he'll catch my eye, push his head back and beam at me with his toothless gums before heading back in for his second course; when he's had enough to eat, he purses his lips in a really French little pout; when he pushes on his legs to stand up (supported), he pants and dribbles with a giant grin, as if proud of this, the most effort he has ever made; when he falls asleep in my arms and I put him down, he looks up at me with a contented smile before drifting off again; when he is trying to understand something, he gives an imperceptible flash of the eyebrow that makes me know he is Krusty's son...

These and every other tiny detail of Oscar's life of smiles make me feel an overwhelming tsunami of love.

No comments: