18 October 2010

Hokey Pokey

Krusty and I are addicted to honeycomb, and as we have found it impossible to buy in Hong Kong, we set out to make our own, based on a recipe provided by Krusty's Dad.

Our first attempt was too gloopy, our second made our teeth feel like they had been cemented together, but the third batch was just right. Well just right but taste of burnt.

The fourth attempt was sticky again. On the fifth try, I did my best to keep the spirit up. "I'm feeling good about this one," I ventured. Krusty, shaving the excess off a spoon of white power (bi-carbonate) added, "I just feel like a junky to be honest."

And the result, a hot, humid mess that would have anyone concerned with dental hygiene reeling...

We will crack this. Hong Kong's humidity will not have the best of our need for crunchy goodness!

No comments: