09 August 2009

Kitchen confidential

With Krusty in town for just one night (back from a week in Australia and off for a week in Singapore) I thought it was high time for a dinner party at home. And by the same token, a great opportunity for the first installment in P and I's cook-off.

I can't say too much here, but my fabulous Colombian friend P and I have a secret project on the burner that involves a hobby we both very much love - food. So on Saturday, for the first time since our little plan was hatched, we whipped out our aprons and cooked to our little hearts' content.

My brother was in Hong Kong for the weekend too, so a total of nine of us - including J, who brought a selection of wines to conduct a tasting at the same time - enjoyed the results: my mother's traditional lasagne, a courgette and ricotta lasagne twist, a bitter mango salad and a berry cheesecake with mangosteen sorbet. Eclectic, yes. Delicious, double yes.

More details as the project evolves, but for now, a few photos!







No comments: