22 June 2010

Pillow talk

Hopefully Krusty is getting enough sleep for work now that we are settling into a routine – in the beginning he must have been sleeping lightly, as he cradled a pillow in his sleep, passing it to me every time the baby cried...

One night he woke three times: first he asked me what the baby was made of to be so soft; then he said "but the baby can't be there, I have him here!"; and on his final attempt to pass me the pillow, he said, with a sigh, "there's not much point in me cradling this baby, is there, since it's a pillow..."

I was relieved when he stopped – I was starting to worry that he was turning into one of those crazy ladies who play with dolls as if they were real... Not sure that his new colleagues would have understood him taking a pillow to work in the baby bjorn...

No comments: