14 April 2010

RIP Gordon

Tonight, as I was doing the washing up, I lifted up a tray I was washing, and found the body of our baby gecko in a pool of water underneath.

I lifted him out and on to a tea towel and spent the next few hours pleading with the little guy, encouraging him to pull through, begging him to wiggle his little paws. It might just have been leftover nerves, but I could have sworn I saw his tail move, so I proceeded to give him CPR, gently pressing his lungs and breathing to give him air. I had drowned our baby gecko. I was devastated.

I held him in my hand, sobbing and sobbing, thinking about what a bad mother I was going to be. I softly asked him to please not die, until I realised it was too late, and he had probably been dead already when I lifted him out of that pool of washing up liquid.

And then Krusty came home, and told me I was being silly and threw him in the bin outside.

RIP little friend.

No comments: