01 December 2009

Turkey Fest 2009

As a couple of our friends are going back home for Christmas soon, we decided to hold a pot-luck Thanksgiving/Christmas last weekend. And it was perfect.

The Swiss-American contingent brought starters (beautifully presented fusion bites), Krusty and I cooked the main course (turkey and trimmings) and the Colombians brought dessert (panna cotta and pecan and apple pies). Our British guest and resident wine expert provided the vino for the occasion. It was eclectic, delicious and so much fun, just like our lives here.

We played Secret Santa, too, and Krusty got a brilliant toy baby and pushchair to practice his daddy skills with. Of course it didn't take long before the silliness to start and Krusty popped the baby's head off... Should I be worried?

After the stuffing, as we all vegged in front of an episode of Fawlty Towers, I realised how precious these people have become to me. They really are our adoptive family, without whom Hong Kong would be rather hollow.

Now I am feeling all Christmassy and thankful, and I can't wait for our Christmas tree to arrive in preparation for my parents' arrival. Two turkeys in one month? Yes we can!








No comments: