15 September 2009

Moan moan moan

I was going to sit and write about our honeymoon today, but I am just too angry to - last night Typhoon Koppu destroyed most of our roof furniture, filled our living room with water and now, this morning, I am the only one sitting in the office.

When Typhoon Signal 8 is hoisted, people are allowed to leave the office or not come in. But as I read this morning that the signal should be lowered to 3 by 10am, I imagined that everyone would be in anyway, keen to get on with the day and not stay at home for the sake of an hour. So I rushed in so as not to be the only one who sat at home while others toiled and of course, I lose. I'm more than a little miffed. I could have had an hour's extra sleep.

Not to mention the fact that Krusty left on a 10-day business trip last night, so I was left alone to affront the storm, and now I am alone to clean up the debris.

Harumph.

Actually, this is not dissimilar to a few moments of the honeymoon, in terms of ranting. In fact Krusty started calling it the honeyMOAN at one point...

No comments: