27 February 2008

Krusty's contribution

Krusty felt that he needed to add his voice to the HK archive, so here's his contribution. For those of you who know him, you will notice that it is appropriately surreal... Please address your requests for clarification to him directly!

"It's our tenth day in Hong Kong and we finally get a break from the frenzy of the first two weeks. A short intermission and an opportunity to grab pen and paper to scribble a few words documenting the craziness.

The Hong Kong air appears to have done wonders for the Ogre's consitution. She has been pixified almost permanently since we arrived, although the 'waning gibous moon' has me worried. I have observed that fortune's great wheel has one broken spoke, and I am preparing myself for the inevitable - Hong Kong may have it emergency drills in place for the regular typhoons, but I fear they are ill-equipped for the coming storm.

'A bijou serviced apartment with ensuite water droplet dispenser and exercise wheel, comes complete with wood shavings.' I pulled myself away from the pet shop window and refocused attention to our flat hunt. The momentary flash of pity in the hamster's eye summed up my experience of the Hong Kong rental market.

However, this is the year of the rat, and rats, unlike their cuter hamster breathren, are not meant for cages.

I met the hamster's pitying gaze defiantly, hoisted the underpants of determination and resumed the search for something with a bit more space."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfectly understood, maybe it its just how we talk in Norn Ireland....

The rat and the monkey said...

Trust you to make me sound like a tourist...